You should be aware that when you access or use our content, products, and services, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies perform various different functions, and the purpose of this policy is to give you a clearer understanding of:
What cookies are
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing a small amount of information that is downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Your browser makes cookies available each time you visit our websites.
Cookies are used by our websites to improve your online experience and to ensure that relevant content and functions are delivered and used more effectively.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies to perform various functions across our sites.
Session cookies are downloaded to your device temporarily for the period that you browse a particular website; these cookies might allow you to navigate between pages more efficiently or enable websites to remember the preferences you select. Persistent cookies can be used to help websites remember you as a returning visitor or ensure the online adverts you receive are more relevant to you.
When you visit our websites, Cookies will be placed on your device in two ways. Cookies placed by Toucan as the site operator, are called “first party” Cookies. Cookies may also be placed on your device by a party other than Toucan such cookies are known as “third party” cookies. Examples of the uses of third-party cookies include collecting information about browser habits and providing tailored content to you.
While there are many different uses for first and third-party cookies, the cookies used by us all fall into one of the following four main categories of cookies:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies
• Functionality Cookies
• Performance Cookies
• Third Party Marketing / Targeting Cookies
Set out below is more information on these categories of cookies, including their purpose and whether these cookies collect personal data:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to navigate our website and provide you with more personalized service. They are used to provide content to you, as a user, and to provide products and services that you have requested.
Such cookies are essential to help your device download or stream information so that you can navigate around our websites and use its features.
Here are some examples of strictly necessary cookies:
• To position information on your device or screen so that you can see and use our websites;
• To keep you logged in when you use our website so you are not required to log in every time you visit; and
• Remember the language.
• These cookies do not remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit.
Yes, some of these cookies do collect your personal data in order to function. They may collect the following types of personal data:
• IP address
• Location data
• Identify you as being logged in our websites
These cookies are deleted when you close your web browser (browser session).
These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website and allow us to remember the choices you make and enable us to provide improved features. They also enhance the functionality of our website by storing your preferences. Functional cookies record information about choices you’ve made (such as language preference) and allow us to provide more personal features.
Here are some examples of the uses of performance cookies:
• To remember your preferences and settings such as language, location, and marketing preferences, since your last visit;
Some of these cookies do collect your personal data, to enable us to provide the services as outlined above.
Functional cookies expire after a maximum of 2 years. Functionality cookies can be deleted from your browser history at any point before their expiry time.
These cookies are used to collect information on website usage. Such cookies are used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites. These statistics are used for internal purposes to help us to analyze and improve the performance of our websites, providing a better user experience.
Here are some examples of the uses of performance cookies:
• To provide statistics on how our websites are used;
• To see how effective our adverts are; and
• To assess errors within the user experience.
• Additionally, we use a number of tools to assess cookie information at an aggregate level to carry out analytical functions on our site including, Google Analytics and Segment.
While these cookies do not identify you personally while you are not logged in, they will collect your browser information and anonymized data, for the purposes outlined above.
In certain cases, some of these cookies are managed by third parties such as Google Analytics. These third parties are not capable of using these cookies for any purpose other than those outlined above and they are unable to identify with these cookies.
Performance cookies are valid for varying periods. Some performance cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while others have an indefinite validity period. Such cookies can be deleted at any stage using your browser settings.
Third-Party Marketing/Targeting Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver Toucan advertisements and suggestions relevant to you, based upon your activity on our website.
They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the actions you have taken. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed more relevant to you. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose and to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Targeting cookies are also used to:
• Collect information about browser habits to target website content and to target advertising;
• Link to social media networks who may use this information about your visit to target advertising to you;
• To provide advertisers with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in;
• Deliver content and marketing communications tailored to your interests based on information from your visit;
• To perform site retargeting.
• A retargeting pixel (a tiny unit of code) on our webpage leaves a cookie in the user’s browser, which causes our adverts to be displayed or to not be displayed to you when you visit certain websites within the retargeting network (e.g. Google Display Network); and
• To perform search retargeting, which allows our adverts to be displayed on third-party webpages, based upon your previous web search activities.
These cookies are placed by third-party advertising networks with our permission.
Third-party cookies are valid for varying periods. Some cookies expire up to 13 months after they are last updated.
You can amend your browser settings to block some or all cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your preferred web browser. For your ease of reference, we have provided the links below which provide instructions on how to remove and delete cookies for some of the more common web browsers. Please be aware that if you block cookies from the websites, some or all the website’s functions may not perform as intended:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer
Mobile phone users may have to refer to their handset manual for details on how to block cookies using their mobile browser. For more information about online behavioral advertising cookies and opt-out controls, please go to http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.